The media team of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship Candidate in Cross River State, Prince Bassey Otu, has raised the alarm of plans by the governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Senator Sandy Onor to import assassins, political thugs into the state to scuttle Saturday’s governorship and House of Assembly elections in the state.
The media team alleged that the plan is to ensure that the sanctity of the forthcoming governorship and state assembly election is “compromised, desecrated and abused in public glare.”
The statement read in full:
Dear Cross Riverians,
Our attention has been drawn to various nefarious activities of the opposition PDP in the state, their leadership and that of their governorship candidate, Sen. Sandy Ojang Onor to circumvent the will of the people by ensuring that the sanctity of the forthcoming governorship and state assembly election is compromised, desecrated and abused in public glare.
1. Intelligence report available to us indicate that the PDP governorship candidate and his PDP gang sensing heavy defeat that awaits them across the state, have concluded plans to import into the state, in particular the Central and Northern senatorial district, hired assassins, political thugs with assorted dangerous weapons to disrupt the elections March 11, 2023 elections.
2. Reliable source acting on clear and credible intelligence have also informed us of Sen. Onor and his PDP gangs collaboration with some bad eggs within the system to harass, intimidate and frustrate APC agents, supporters and voters on election day.
3. That the same Sandy Onor and his PDP group are working hard to frustrate voters. To achieve this, Sen. Onor and the PDP have concluded plans with one *Omang Ntui*resident in calabar to activate his links with some staff of INEC who will compromise the sanctity of the ballot and circumvent the will of the people.
4. While we remain firmly confident of the victory of our principal at the polls, we feel that this press statement is important so as to draw the attention of election observers, the media, security agents and the general public to the evil plans of Sen. Onor and his PDP gang whose failure is steering them right before their faces as the dawn of a new day.
5. We encourage all our supporters and true Cross Riverians who believe in justice, equity, fairness and peace to continue to go about campaigning heavily for the succes of our party as they have been doing for several weeks now. We assure all APC members, supporters and all Cross Riverians that all necessary mechanism has been out in place to checkmate the excesses of some power drunk individuals who want to subvert the collective will and patrimony of our people for a peanut to stranger elements outside our State.
“To subvert a man in his cause, the Lord approveth not” – Lamentations 3:36.
Together, we will triumph.
Prince Otu Media