The Chinese man standing trial over the murder of his Nigerian lover, Frank Geng Quarong, has revealed that he spent N60 million on his deceased lover, Ummukulsum Sani Buhari, in their two years relationship.
According to Daily Trust, Quarong made the claim at the Kano High Court Number 16 sitting at Miller Road and presided over by Justice Sunusi Ado Ma’aji.
He said, “Besides huge amounts of money I used to spend on her, I used to take her out to places like Bristol Palace and Central Hotel to eat food.
“I bought her house worth N4 million, a car worth N10 million. N18 million as capital to start business, and spent N500,000 worth of bags and shoes on her new shop and N1 million worth of laces and wrappers and a house in Abuja which she started building.”
He added that he bought her gold wears worth N5 million, N6 million to go and process her certificate at Sokoto University and N1 million to install the solar system in their house.
Quarong added that when they started preparation for their wedding, he bought her wedding dresses worth N1.5 million, sweets and other dresses they will wear on their wedding day and ‘Asoebi’ for her friends and N700,000 new notes for spraying on the wedding day.
“I went to Sokoto to see her family members where I spent N700,000.
“On the 13th September 2022, she requested some money to be used in the house she is building in Abuja but I didn’t give her because I don’t have money then.
“Since then, she stopped answering my calls because she thought I am broke.”
He said after Ummita got married, she continued to request money from him and there was a time she came to Kano, and she made sure that they met.
Reappearing before the court to testify, the mother of the deceased, Fatima Zubairu, revealed that she saw 11 wounds on her daughter after he killed her.
Also, the police officer who investigated the death at Dorayi police division said, he saw the knife used in killing the deceased.
Testifying on behalf of the Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital, Dr Hauwa Ibrahim, told the court that she signed the autopsy results on behalf of the Chief Medical Director of the hospital.
The judge, Justice Sunusi Ado Ma’aji, thereafter postponed the hearing to January 12, 2023 (today) for the continuation of defense.