By Obio Monday
Cross River State representative was missing from the list of nominees forwarded to the Senate by President Muhammadu Buhari to be appointed as board members of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).
Cross River State, despite not being an oil-producing state had hitherto, retained its membership of the Commission.
The state’s non-oil producing status was occasioned by the loss of Bakassi Peninsula to Cameroon and the resultant loss of its 76 oil wells to neighbouring Akwa Ibom State.
In the list, President Buhari nominated his Special Assistant on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie as Chairman.
Buhari asked the upper chamber to confirm their appointments.
Senate President Ahmad Lawan read the letter during Wednesday’s plenary session.
See full list of NDDC Board Nominees below:
1. Chairman – Laureta Ifeanyi Onochie (Delta, South-South)
2. Dimgba Erugba State representative (Abia, South-East)
3. Dr Ene Wilcox (Akwa Ibom, State Representative, South-South)
4. Dr Pius Odudu (Edo, South-South)
5. Hon.Gbenga Odegba (Ondo, South-West)
6. Engr. Anthony Ekene (Imo, South-East)
7. Onyekachi Dimgba (Rivers, South-South)
8. Alhaji Mohammed Kabiru Abubakar (Zonal Representative, Nasarawa)
9. Professor Tallen Mamma, SAN (North-East Representative, Adamawa)
10. Sodique Sani (North-West, Zonal Representative)
11. Chief Dr. Samuel Ibukun (MD)
12. General Charles Ehigie Airhiavbere (Rtd) (Executive of Finance)
13. Charles Ogunmola (Executive Director Project, South-West)