Five persons have lost their lives after eating a cassava flour meal fondly called Amala prepared at their family house in Usugnwe-Okaito, Okehi local government area, Kogi State.
According to Tribune, those who died after eating the meal are a father, mother and three of their children.
According to the source, the three children died immediately after eating the Amala on Friday, the mother died on Saturday and the father died on Sunday.
The source said the family hails from Omavi, Ohupe ward but resides in Usugnwe-Okaito.
Recalled that a similar incident happened some years back in Okene Eba where a whole family was killed and just recently in Ogaminana and Osara which were all traced to food poisoning.
However, efforts to speak with the epidemiology in the Ministry of Health for confirmation proved abortive as he was said to be out of town. But a senior staff of the ministry confirmed the incident.