A young man identified as Chukwudi has been electrocuted  few weeks to his wedding in Aba, Abia State.
The sad incident is said to have taken place at Opobo Road, along  the Ogbor Hills axis of the commercial nerve centre  of the state.
Eyewitnesses said the deceased whose traditional marriage was some weeks ahead discovered that there was power supply  in his neighbourhood while there was no electricity supply in his apartment. He looked for a ladder to apparently switch to the next active line.
According to reports, while he was on the electric pole trying to rectify the problem, power  was restored  on the former line.
“While on top of the pole, he was said to have rested his ladder on an electric-powered barbwire which triggered electric shock when power was restored.
“He was trapped between the pole and the electrified barbwire, making it difficult for him to escape or even for people to come to his rescue and by the time he was eventually brought down, he was dead,” a source said.
Be a part of Grassroot Reporters Team. Report latest happenings around you. Send in your reports, adverts to WhatsApp: +2347033996028 or email: mondayobiojnr@gmail.com

By Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Click one of our contacts below to chat on WhatsApp

× Submit a story, chat with us
%d bloggers like this: